Saturday 2 February 2013

b- All in



What day is it? What time? HELP! I'm still in holiday mode! Just realized we're in 2013 now, face it! Fresh start it is, Thailand charged my battery and opened my eyes. Ready to conquer the world, my 'to do/see list' became a never ending one. Down here you will find a recap of the holiday!



sigh..




Besides food and the beautiful nature, I became obsessed with these little houses. Most of them are in a form of miniature houses or temples. Except the fact they look really cool as decoration, they actually have a purpose!

People must care for the spirits of the land because the spirits are believed to protect people. The spirits grant their wishes, bring good luck and good health. In exchange, the spirits are given shelter, foods and gifts.


all times favorite: my self-catched redsnapper with tamarind sauce and mangkhut fruit

I have been eating so, soo, sooo much delicious food last weeks. I even did a cooking course which was amazing, I learned a lot.

Sour, sweet, salty, bitter but overall spicy! 'With spice Miss'? Just do the 'wai' and say 'no', simple as that. When you say 'just a little' the food will burn your mouth when your eating, sweat seeps out of every orifice on your head and you will gasp for air the coming hours.

Fancy cat for diner? Look for rabbit at the menu and order a rabbit. 98% sure you will get a cat served! As the Thai people say: 'same same'... B-Warned





Planning a day trip. Phi Phi, Koh Samui, Phuket, Koh Samet and many more I found in my Lonely Planet. Together with me, hundreds of thousands other tourists were probably doing the same. So what's left of that 'paradise promised island' if everyone goes there?

Our Rastafarian fellow highly recommended authentic Koh Jum. Together with the FifteenFriendlyFrenchies we drove all the way to the south and took this unstable powerboat to the Jum Island. All woman sat in the bloodystickyhot-bottom and the gents on top of the boat -muslim-.

After a travel of approx 3 hours in total we arrived on this palm-peppered island with sugar-coated beaches of pillow-soft sand. Survived the biking trip trough the jungle on bumpy roads and found ourselves an unique bungalow and stayed over the night.

We foot-volleyed, we swam, we drank, we ate and we danced in the sunset  H a p p i n e s s




I know this expression is cliche -but in this case I have to use it- just because it makes sense. Time flies when your having fun. Arriving in Bangkok was the last stage of  the holiday and gave me this weird feeling in my stomach. How do we feel better? SHOPPING! Getting lost in huge malls and strolling chaotic markets, I simply love it. Having diner and drinking cocktails with fingers crossed, hoping to miss the flight..

For shopping experience in Bangkok click here,
xo




Follow my blog with Bloglovin